Wow! The Liebster award! This post has been brewing for a couple of days. It has been a hell of a weekend and I am glad that I have a belly full of chicken and some headphones on because this is going be to one doozy of a post.
We are so happy on how this blog is flourishing. We would like to say that it isn’t is, but it really is. We just pour my thoughts onto the paper (Eric more forms words into imagery) and people click a little button and tell me they like it or give me feedback. For us, it is that simple. This is our first blog award and we are just happy that people like us. Thank you again, Plotting Bunnies (http://plottingbunnies.wordpress.com/), for nominating our humble little blog for this!
Without further interruption. The Liebster Award. For those of you not acquainted with my friend, Google, I would be happy to tell you more about it. The award is propelled by the powerful blog community and awarded to the blogs that are underrated and really great. The blogs must have less than 200 followers. You also get this adorable trophy to display proudly for everyone to see!
The award comes with a few rules, so listen closely people:
List eleven random facts about yourself.
Nominate eleven bloggers for the award.
Let them know about the nomination.
Ask eleven questions for the new award winners to answer.
Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
So, If I have nominated you. Congrats! I love your blog. I hope this award inspires you the way it has Eric and I. We wish you all nothing but the best! Keep writing, because at least ONE person loves your blog and wants you to continue to write.
::cracks knuckles:: OK! We have some work to post here. I hope you all enjoy!
Eleven Random Facts about Eric and Ness (If something is in brackets, it is Eric)
1. Nessa is 27 years old. Eric is 23 years old.
2. Nessa lives in New Jersey, though born in New York. She hates to admit she lives in Dirty Jersey. Eric lives in Halifax.
3. Nessa’s favorite drink is Dr. Pepper. Eric’s is Coca-Cola Classic.
4. We both love (enjoy the rage) League of Legends. We are also avid gamers.
5. Nessaprefers to type up her stories. Eric likes to write them on paper.
6. Ness’ favorite food is Peanut Butter. Eric’s favorite food is roast turkey dinner. (Yo!)
7. We became friends on World of Warcraft, Blood and Thunder my friends. For the Horde! (Ashes, to ashes)This book wouldn’t gotten wrotted if it wasn’t for Nessa’s Boyfrirend and my Buddy, Mike. We were all in the same guild. Later, we made our own. Love live the Gutbusters. (YEAH YEAH) Eric also still mispells my name to, Nessah, which was my Hunter’s name in WoW.
8. Nessaloves a variety of music, except country and trance. Her favorite band is Muse. Eric prefers all kinds of music, especially trance and dance. His favorite singer is Frank Sinatra.
9. Eric is going back to school soon to become an electrician (I like working with my hands 😉 ladies). Nessais looking to go to college for a Bachelor’s in English.
10. Eric has never had a blog before. Nessa has had a “live journal” (whatever that is…) Eric doesn’t really like social networking, but is starting to get a handle on twitter (@nerdoutwordout)[shameless self-advertisement]. Nessa has a love/hate feeling towards it.
11. Nessa’s favorite anime character, Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail. If you haven’t watched it, PLEASE DO IT NOW! Eric’s favorite fantasy character is Louis de Pointe du Lac, from the Anne Rice Vampire stories. (I liked vampires before they were fairies)
Our Eleven Nominees
1. http://mumhowmuchlonger.com/ – Family is important. Being able to travel with your family and document in the form of a blog creates lasting memories! I love this blog. I like the idea of being able to read about another family’s experience. Also, I enjoyed the recipes that are posted as well. Take a journey over to this blog and get to know the family!
2. http://worldunderceej.wordpress.com/ – Worldunderceej, a lovely blog you can just ‘get lost’ in. Writing from the heart on posts from love, relationships, experiences and thoughts, I love reading his posts. They make me smile and tung at my heartstrings. I also learned the three B’s Books, beaches, beer. Take a moment, stop by and learn a bit more about it!
3. http://notyouradverageblog.wordpress.com/ – Not your average blog at all! This is a young woman I can relate to, aspiring writer working a crappy job with a dull life trying to make the best of things. This blog is pleasantly filled with short stories and poetry. Definitely worth your time to stop by!
4. http://thecraftymammy.wordpress.com/– “Make do and mend with frugal living” These types of things really speak to me. Mammy enjoys making money, saving money, and crafting! I look forward to learning many things from her!
5. http://kiyudesu.wordpress.com/ – An adorable blog! Kiyudesu does the DP Challenge, which is aspiring to me because I find it so hard to write the prompts myself! Also, she writes very positive and encouragingly. A great place to stop by!
6.http://suddenlyalive.wordpress.com/ – Another writer! I love blogs like this one because short stories are posted, along with writing info. Also, I can relate to the writer, same age group, aspiring writer, and just generally has great inspiring and healthy posts to keep you interested!
7. http://margaritagakis.wordpress.com/ – Short stories and great writing! Margarita has a book coming out June 25th!! She loves music and has three adorable dogs! An author who blogs, who can’t resist following someone like her? An inspiration to people like Eric and I. Please, take a look at her blog and check out her book.
8. http://alwayslivelovely.wordpress.com/ – Always live lovely. Words anyone can live by. This cute blog is positive, uplifting, and just a little gem I found while exploring wordpress. Many posts provide valuable experiences and knowledge. I am glad I found it!
9. http://josephmerrill.wordpress.com/ – A picture is worth a thousand words. Therefore, a picture is worth quite a bit to authors. Although my favorite writing ‘muse’ is music, I can’t deny that a beautifully taken picture can really inspire me to write. Another gem I found while exploring, I can see myself going here when writer’s block hits me hard and finding a great picture to help me jump the block hurdle!
10. http://anonymousmrmrs.wordpress.com/ – Topic of Attack? What could this be about? Let me just click on the link… Wow, I really like this. It’s simply done. Dark colors. I like this already. What do they right about? Oh? This blog focuses its posts on a “Topic of Attack” and brilliantly from their own opinion and mind and MAN do I love stuff like this. Please, do check this one out.
11. http://whitesnakesaiditbest.wordpress.com/ I instantly liked this blog. Reading the most current post about how the preference of solitude and silence while eating, the little posts on the stupid things people say ( and what you would like to say to them), I was laughing and agreeing instantly. Now, feel free to drop by the blog and check it out… Just not if you see someone eating …. Just walk the other way if you see a cup of tea. Who doesn’t appreciate a bit of Whitesnake too?
Eleven Questions for the New Award Winners
Why do you blog?
What is your favorite movie?
Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Do you believe in Aliens?
What games do you play? If you don’t play, why not?
What is your favorite book?
What is something that (or who) inspires YOU to do what you love?
What is the most secret thing you are willing to admit?
What is your favorite T.V. show or Anime?
If evil-doers invaded your country would you rush to the battlelines to defend the motherland or hide in a box?
When does the Narwhal bacon? (Or… Do you prefer liquid soap or bars of soap?)
Answers to the Questions (Eric’sanswers are in brackets)
On a scale of 1-10, how much do you love chocolate? 11 (3)
Do you drive? If yes, what kind of vehicle? If no, will you ever consider it? Yes, Nissan Altima. (I have, I no longer own a vehicle because I can’t afford/don’t need one)
What is your favourite song? System of a Down – Lonely Day (Fly me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra)
What kind of blog posts do you enjoy most? All of them! (Introspective ones)
Have you ever loved a book so much you recommended it to someone else? Yes, The Icewind Dale Trilogy, by R.A. Salvatore. The Song of Ice and Fire. Harry Potter Series. EVERY BOOK. I cannot choose one. (She couldn’t choose one. I would have to say, Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz I’ve recommended far more than any other book.)
What do you do if you can’t fall asleep? Reddit, for long periods of time. (Think of a deep shade of purple, throw everything I think and feel into the colour, until everything is purple, and sleep [I’m kinda weird])
How do you like to write? Longhand, computer, typewriter, other? I love to type on the computer. I use my notebook for quick ideas and brainstorming. (I print long handed, if I could write in a calligraphy style I would)
What was the first story you ever wrote, that you can remember? I don’t remember if I wrote it down, but when my brother was younger I used to tell him stories, fanfics really, that I would make up about Dragon Ball Z. He said he loved them so much I should write. (First time I wrote, that I can remember, would be a story I wrote in second gradem about a monster who lived in my basement)
Do you consider yourself tall? I am short! I have to get a step stool to reach the high shelves in the kitchen. (I’m pretty average, nothing too special)
What is your favourite culture? I like Southern American Culture. (I like the idea of Russian culture, in actuality I prefer German culture)
Do/did you have a favourite cartoon? Does anime count? If so, Fairy Tail! If not, Family Guy. (Best cartoon ever. Adventure time. Bar none.)
::wipes brow:: Phew. That was one hell of a post! Please, pass it on. Thank you all, and have a great night. (Yeah, Ness, thanks for doing this while I was out drinking with my friends! [not that I didn’t put in work, but I don’t like staring at the computer for too long if I don’t have to])
Love and Laters from,
Eric and Ness
P.S. I usually leave a quote in the title, but today is different. You get it in the PS! It is from a movie I had just re watched today. (HEY! I want to leave one too… It’s from a book I was just reading.. Lemme dig it out..)
“Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone” – Oldboy, 2003
“Surprising what you can dig out of books if you read long enough, isn’t it?” -Robert Jordan